Sunday, January 29, 2012

Thai Place



My friend loves Thai food. We love going to Pho Thai Nam in East Norriton, PA. We really wanted Thai food but we didn’t want the half hour drive to go get it. There is this small Thai restaurant that I always pass on my way to work and we decided to go and try it. The place was Sukhothai in Havertown, PA.
                                                                    (Inside Sukhothai)

The menu looked really good with a wide range of variety. We love having Tom Kha which is a coconut soup with mushrooms, onions, bell peppers, lemongrass, and galanga root with a choice of chicken or shrimp.  At Sukhothai they offered a coconut soup with the same ingredients. I feel the Sukhothai soup was so flavorful and packed with a lot of flavor. It had a little heat to it but it bought out the flavors it had.
                                                                  (Coconut Soup)

When we started to eat our soup I saw a gnat flaying around which we thought just came in the door. Then more started coming after a minute and we turned to the wall and there were like twenty on the wall. Once we saw them more started to fly around us. We asked the waitress to just pack up the rest of the food we ordered to go. I ordered the Drunken Noodles and ate them when I got home. They were thick rice noodles with fresh basil, onion, and bell pepper in their own chili garlic sauce with shrimp. They were spicy and packed with heat. I love it. The idea of thick noodles with heat from the chili garlic sauce added a personal touch.

My recommendations for Sukhothai is to order take out don’t dine in there.

Sukhothai

20 East Eagles Road

Havertown, PA 19083

610-449-4414

No comments:

Post a Comment