Sunday, January 22, 2012

The Great Debate!


I was super excited to go to Supper for brunch on a Sunday morning. While looking at the menu on the website before I left there was a great debate between choosing pancakes, waffles, or French toast. You’re probably questioning why is there a great debate between them? The flavors for each one are different and unusual.


They offer are red velvet waffles, shoo fly pie French toast, and gingerbread pancakes.  I definitely debated before going there for Sunday brunch. I had to choose red velvet waffles. Anything that is red velvet I’m a sucker for so I had to order the red velvet waffles. The waffles definitely red velvet waffles and had a sweet cream cheese mousse, toasted pecans, and molasses bourbon cherries. It tasted like I was eating a dessert for breakfast. It was so good but I personally could have used was a little bit more of the cream cheese mousse. I really don’t like syrup on pancakes, waffles, or French toast. I feel if they have good flavor they don’t need syrup. That’s why I would of like a little bit more cream cheese mousse on top of them.


I feel that if you can’t produce a good donut then your restaurant can’t succeed. The simple composition of a donut is so easy to make if it has good flavor it will tell a lot about the restaurant. It will also show how much a restaurant cares about their side options if they are put on the menu for flavor or if they are put on there to fill a side. I ordered the house made apple cider donuts with cinnamon sugar. A good donut should be light and airy not heavy. These donuts were light and airy. They were warm and made fresh to order. They melt in your mouth. Definitely worth trying at Supper are their donuts.


The service was good really no complaints there. The awesome part of the restaurant is their kitchen. I love seeing chefs hard at work making your food. It’s fun to walk buy the kitchen because right in front they’re plating up your food. The kitchen was very organized and clean.  I will definitely check back later in the year with another debate between waffles, pancakes, or French toast.

Supper Restaurant

926 South Street

Philadelphia, PA

2155928180



No comments:

Post a Comment