Sunday, January 29, 2012

Restaurant Week Stop Number 1



My friends and I decided to check out 10 Arts by Eric Ripert in the Ritz Carlton in Philadelphia, PA. One friend has been to Le Bernardin in NYC which is Eric Ripert’s other restaurant. She loved Le Bernardin and I also had some high expectations it is an Eric Ripert restaurant.  I think I was a little disappointed
(Salmon Ceviche)
(Pennsylvania Brook Trout)

                                                                     ( Carrot Hazelnut Cake)

I ordered the Salmon Ceviche as my first course. For the second course I ordered the Pennsylvania Brook Trout and for the third course I ordered the Carrot Hazelnut Cake.  The food was ok. The salmon ceviche and the Pennsylvania Brook Trout were sooo under seasoned with even some salt and pepper.  We had to ask the server for some salt and pepper because they didn’t even have it on the table.  I mean the Brook Trout was cooked perfectly but just majorly under seasoned. On their menu they even offered a Brown Sugar Buttermilk Panna Cotta which I originally wanted. All 4 of us wanted to order it at the table. The waiter tells us that wasn’t available today because whoever prepped it didn’t make it properly so it didn’t set up. I mean 10 Arts has two of the highest titles with it for being a Eric Ripert restaurant and in the Ritz Carlton you would expect someone to know how to make a panna cotta there.
                                                                              (Berries & Bubbles)

There cocktail drinks were very creative but creative drinks cost 15 dollars and are made with top shelf alcohol. The first one I ordered was Berries and Bubbles. The Berries & Bubbles was made from Chambord and champagne with fresh raspberries in it. It was nice and sweet. The one problem we did have with 10 Arts was all their menus were old and the server said some menu items were not offered anymore.  We first saw this when my friend ordered a cocktail and the server said it wasn’t offered anymore. We also asked for a dessert menu and the server said to us that most of those items are not offered because it’s an old menu. I mean how hard is it to print a menu?
(Inside 10 Arts)

10 Arts Bistro & Lounge by Eric Ripert

Broad & Chestnut

Philadelphia, PA 19012

215-523-8273



No comments:

Post a Comment