Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Combination of two awesome things together


I will admit it I have an obsession with trying every donut from Federal Donuts. Another thing I support is Art in the Age which was started out of Philadelphia. Art in the Age produces craft spirits that are different that I have never ever seen any other liquor producer produce. Art in the Age produces Root, Snap, and Rhuby. The idea behind Root is the idea of Root beer. The idea behind Snap is ginger snap cookies. The idea behind Rhuby is Rhubarb.  Federal Donuts used these flavors in donuts. I mean how could you go wrong with that? . These donuts were only featured for a week at the end of April. Root was became a Root Beer Float donut. Snap was a great Gingersnap Cookie donut and Rhuby was a sensational Strawberry-Rhubarb Pie. The Root Beer Float has a root beer glaze with vanilla ice cream icing. The Gingersnap cookie has a ginger glaze with gingersnap cookie crumb. The Strawberry- Rhubarb Pie has a rhubarb glaze, pie crust crumble and strawberry icing. I will admit all the donuts tasted like you were drinking a root beer float, eating a gingersnap cookie, and have a piece of strawberry rhubarb pie.  My favorites were the Root Beer Float and the Strawberry Rhubarb Pie. My mom’s favorite was the Strawberry Rhubarb Pie.  I personally have a soft spot for Root Beer Floats and I never think you could go wrong with that. The Strawberry Rhubarb Pie was great.  You really felt that you were eating a pie. The pie crust crumble was so buttery. The one thing I love about Federal Donuts in general is that their donuts are not sweet. They just have that perfect balance of sweetness in each and everyone that they produce.
(Last row on the left is Root Beer Float, next row is
Strawberry-Rhubarb Pie, next row is Gingersnap Cookie,
and last row on the right is Chocolate Banana)


No comments:

Post a Comment